Monday, July 14, 2008

woof woof, chow chow


Way back in April (it's nearly August, people!), I wrote about Martha Stewart's Chow Chow named Paw Paw passing away. The story particularly touched me because I had recently lost a dog, too, and knew the sadness that comes after losing a pet. While I didn't lose any sleep over Martha's loss, I am happy to see that she is going to get a puppy soon! And, to top it off, they're from the same bloodline as Paw Paw! Isn't that precious?

Okay, but seriously, how cute are Chow Chow puppies? They're just like pomeranians, only huge. I've heard they make great guard dogs, too, something which Tater Tot is admittedly not great at being. I mean, he barks, but he also weighs 7 pounds so any intruder could just drop kick him with minimal effort then continue stealing all my great stuff.

3 comments:

Andy said...

AWWWW!! I was offered some ChowChowsa few weeks ago at the animal rescuing center I volunteer.

I was more than willing, but my mom, not so much.

Anonymous said...

O M G! Those are cuter than Rupert I think!

I know what you mean about not being a great guard dog. Ru might bite someone's pants but that's it. At 10 lbs, he's hardly fearsome.

Bunny said...

andy - gawd, why do parents have to be so rational all the time?

princess b - i wish puppies stayed puppies FOREVER, add me to the people that can read your blog!