Saturday, July 19, 2008

WHY SO SERIOUS

Despite having bought our Dark Knight tickets three days early, we still had to wait in line for 2 1/2 hours. It. was. totally. worth. it. Not only did I get to watch sexy Christian Bale with a shirt off for probably an hour of screen time, but the audience was awesome and a bunch of theater employees got really into it and dressed up like characters. This photograph was taken right before we battled to the death:

Clearly, I won. Batman always wins.

Did anyone else noticed Cilian Murphy's 10 second cameo? Is he going to be a major character in a future Batman installment? I hope so!

Also, I need some male input on this, Maggie Gyllenhal is fug, right? I mean, she looks like a troll, doesn't she? I just didn't see her fitting in as a love interest, but then again her predecessor Katie Holmes was in the same league, that is, the not-sexy-chick league. Who do you think would have made a better Rachel? I think Charlize Theron would have been a good pick, maybe Anne Hathaway. Yeah, Anne Hathaway for sure. She has that good girl quality that a Batman love interests need, but is still gorgeous. Or Rachel McAdams! Thoughts?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, I am so excited to see this movie! I'm planning on going tomorrow after work.

I don't really have an informed opinion, obvi since I haven't seen it, about Maggie's role as Rachel, but I freaking love her. I think she's so cute and I even splurged on the new issue of Marie Claire just because she was on the cover. (Yeah, buying a magazine is a splurge for me now...God, I hate paying bills! Haha.) But I do like Anne Hathaway; she's a hottie.

Oh! And Cilian Murphy was Dr. Crane in Batman Begins, so I think he would still continue to be that character. He's hot too.

:)

Anonymous said...

um, it was all about Nicole Kidman in the old Batman. She was hella beautiful in that movie and I think was perfect and classy enough to be his love interest. I hated Katie Holmes in the last one (for reasons not entirely unrelated to the fact that Katie is with major a-hole Tom Cruise, who broke poor Nicole's heart). I would have taken anyone other than that automaton Katie. Maggie has that old Hollywood look to her, and I didn't really like her at first but she sort of grew on me, however I think you're right, Batman totally needs a hotter woman beside him. I don't know what made them pick Maggie.

And yeah, I remember Murphy as the scarecrow in the last Batman.

As invested as I am in this movie, I have yet to see it because I have other crap happening right now, but I fully intend to see it within the next week. I have a thing for the B man too! I still watch the old school cartoon on the Cartoon Network late at night. Soo good!

Andy said...

I LOVED LOVED LOVED the movie. And I think maybe Megan Fox would be a nice Batman love interest.

Noelle M said...

rachel mcadams...maybe

anne hathaway is also fug, IMO


ps- i didnt get the cillian murphy part- it totally threw me off mainly cus he was like "leave the claning up of the streets to me" and cillian replied with something so i was like wait, is strawman or whatver he was called good or like whats the sitch? i didn't get it.

anyway, if anyone can clue me in thatd be BOMB

Frank said...

I preferred Katie Holmes myself, but you're right, there are plenty of other more attractive ladies out there. I really don't have anything against Maggie Gyllenhal's acting...but Jesus...look at those cheek bones...

Bunny said...

alycia - oh DUH, totally forgot that cilian was in the first one...that whole first sequence kinda confused me, but yeah, that completely slipped my mind. either way, i hope he's in the next one again cause he is sex-ay

kc - agreed. i wonder if he's going to have a new love interest in the next one?

andy - i thought that at first, but megan fox is too sexy for a batman chick, she's more of a bond girl type.

xoxo - ya i think anne hathaway is prettier than maggie at least

frank - or, um, absence of cheek bones. her face scares me. how can her brother be so hot and her be so...not?

MJenks said...

Of course Batman is going to have a new love interest in the next one.

Enter one non-Halle Berry Catwoman.

It's all set up for it, too.