Wednesday, October 28, 2009

poor little ball of fluff

Alright, so this isn't a total Debbie Downer post I'll begin by saying that I bought an iPhone two weeks ago (my 5 year old Palm Treo finally kicked the bucket) and it. is. EPIC.

I had no idea how sad and empty my life was without an iPhone until I got an iPhone.

There's so many amazing apps available and the picture quality on the camera is AMAZING. It's hard to tell that they're from a cell phone camera most of the time. I can check my mail, post on Blogger, browse Facebook, get movie times, pay bills online and 72 other things that I have apps for. The only thing the iPhone can't do is cook me breakfast in the morning...and come to think of it, I bet there's an app for that.

Now...onto the Debbie Downer part of the post. Wahhh wahhh wahhhhh.

Sunday morning my little sister's huge dumb dog got in a fight with Tater Tot and in the process of trying to break them apart my mom somehow pushed or tugged or something and Tater Tot's elbow dislocated from the rest of his arm. My parents took him to the emergency vet in town who charged a small fortune to put a very poorly applied splint on him.

I took him to my personal vet today (who is very sexy and very nice and very married, lame) who had to re-do the splint and gave me instructions that he needs to wear it for two weeks and has to be kept in crate and/or closely watched so that he doesn't walk much. He's pretty much only allowed to move to go outside to go potty.


Here he is as we left the vet's office. He's either still doped up on the sedatives they gave him to reposition his elbow and put on a new splint or drooling over McDreamy vet doctor. Errr wait, that's what I was doing, so, ya, he's definitely high on life in this picture.

He's generally okay but he's in a lot of discomfort. He's actually really happy that he gets to spend so much time with me (previously he'd just hang out at my parent's house during the day) and loves that I carry him everywhere. He's such a snuggle bug.

3 comments:

Andy said...

Awww! Poor thing! I hope he gets better soon!

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

Poor Tater tot!! Best wishes coming this way to him to heal up.

As for the iPhone.. my brother has one and loves it, but I am probably a Pre or Blackberry girl.

iPhone is too simple and pretty for me to use.. I need something more business-y

Bunny said...

@ andy - he's supposed to get his cast off next monday...i hope the joint stays in place, the doc said it might not! :/
@ FB - i was a total palm-product girl until they stopped making them for at&t and mine died! i'm really liking the iphone so far