Sunday, March 8, 2009

absolutely tragic

"This may sound like gibberish to you, but I think I'm in a tragedy." Harold Crick, Stranger Than Fiction

I just found out tonight that one of my friends that I've known since elementary school was killed in Afghanistan earlier today. I don't know any details except that it is so very, very tragic. This guy was seriously the All American Boy. Went to west point and served his country and was robbed of the rest of his life. It's so insanely sad.

I was already feeling down for whatever reason, and I went to visit Saemi in the hospital Friday which was somewhat good, but mostly just upsetting. After this, I need a few mental health days from blogging.

2 comments:

Noelle M said...

not to make matters worse: http://www.dlisted.com/node/31039

:(

Andy said...

Oh my god, Strawberry, I'm so sorry. I know this is a hard time for you, especially with you being away in China, but I'm sure you'll come out of this one stronger.

Lots of hugs to you!