Tuesday, July 8, 2008

truer words have never been spoken

"After that it got pretty late, and we both had to go, but it was great seeing Annie again. I... I realized what a terrific person she was, and... and how much fun it was just knowing her; and I... I, I thought of that old joke, y'know, the, this... this guy goes to a psychiatrist and says, "Doc, uh, my brother's crazy; he thinks he's a chicken." And, uh, the doctor says, "Well, why don't you turn him in?" The guy says, "I would, but I need the eggs." Well, I guess that's pretty much now how I feel about relationships; y'know, they're totally irrational, and crazy, and absurd, and... but, uh, I guess we keep goin' through it because, uh, most of us... need the eggs."
Woody Allen as Alvy Singer, Annie Hall

I'm hesitant about posting youtube links since my last youtube video of a MadTV Keeping Up With The Kardashians parody has since been removed, but this is my favorite scene from my favorite movie of all time, so I'm going to post it anyway. Plus, the above quote is so much better when you actually hear Woody Allen saying it.



For now, I'm okay without the eggs. They're too high in cholesterol, anyway.

No comments: