Monday, February 18, 2008

college phenomenon

It was strange when I entered college. Suddenly everyone around me was Family Guy's number one fan and I had never even seen an episode. For the first four years of my college career (yes, I'm taking my time), I felt completely out of place with all the Family Guy references and quotes from particularly funny episodes. I hated that everyone seemed to be in some sort of secret Family Guy club and no one bothered to invite me. Well, last semester I decided to stop complaining and actually do something about it, i.e. start watching Family Guy. Not the most ambitious thing in the world, I know, but the show is actually very good and has all kinds of film and literature references that I bet go unnoticed by most viewers. Oh, and now I can be one of those annoying people who say, "Oh yeah! It's kind of that the Family Guy episode where..."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

imagine how I felt when everyone decided to like that show. Not a lot of people know that family guy was on for YEARS, and I mean more than a few, before it started to hit mainstream. I can at least remember as far back as 2000 when I told my friends omg you have to watch this show and everyone was like wtf are you talking about. And then three years later they were like omg you have to watch this and I was like hello....

Bunny said...

i have to admit, being the first person "in" on something is WAY more frustrating than being the last person "in" on something because you get no recognition for being ahead of the game