Friday, April 2, 2010

ATTENTION BLOGGERS

A couple of things:

1. if you don't have a "contact me" section or post with your e-mail GO MAKE ONE RIGHT NOW. In a perfect world everyone would just comment on your posts, but trust me your readers want to be able to e-mail you privately to ask you questions.

2. never EVER EVER change your blog domain. I know it's super tempting and I did it back when I first started this blog (I used to be ThePinkReview.com, remember?) but that's because I really had no idea how Google/the internet/blogs work. If you keep changing your blog from domain to domain then Google won't be able to keep up with the changes and you'll lose a lot of ranking (this is important because you want people to read your blog right?). If you feel the need to make a change, just give your blog a new layout or change your header title (mine is currently "The Sparkling Cider of Blogs" but it used to be "The (Mis)Adventures of a Redhead in China."

3. make a favicon and take the Blogger banner off your page. Two very simple things that will make your blog look more polished and professional.

No comments: