Thursday, March 26, 2009

pimp that snack!

This post has nothing to do with China as China has been very boring recently. A lot of the same ol' Shanghai scene: rain, cold, lots of men hawking loogies on the ground. I'm in a China rut.

But that's okay, because I found this amazingly cool website called Pimp That Snack. The premise is people choose a snack food to "pimp" i.e. make HUGE and then post it on the site with step-by-step instructions for how to pimp that snack. Don't you just love it already?

Here are some of my favorite snack pimpages:
Reese's peanut butter cups. Holy crap, I would eat this entire thing in one sitting and never look back.



Sour patch kids. Wouldn't this be SO FUN to bring to the movies and share with a large group of friends? I love it!


Kit kat bar. So much wafer, chocolate goodness! AHHHH!


Cheese wedge. I've never heard of this brand, but can you imagine a giant Laughing Cow Cheese wedge? It would be perfect for a giant piece of toast.


Oreo cookie. I need this in my life. Immediately.


Nutrigrain bar. This is healthy, right?


The site is British so some of their snacks are weird, but it's still cool to see things giant sized even if you don't know what a "vovo" treat is (some kind of cake thing from what I could surmise from the photograph).

This was simultaneously the grossest and funniest entry I found:


It's supposed to be a pimped out hot dog, but I don't really think stuffing a loaf of bread with two package of hots dog qualifies for legitimate pimpage. But maybe that's just me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Has anyone "pimped" a Quadruple Bypass Burger (R) from http://www.heartattackgrill.com/
?

Kel said...

omg this is so awesome, and perfect timing, as I've got an hour free period to kill before the weekend... yay! thanks!

Andy said...

Ew. That last one? Ew.

And then I think one of our typical dishes is corn with mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup and scratched cheese. And that it's yummy. One must never judge a food by its ingredients, right?

Sophie Stephenson said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 I AM IN LOVE WITH THE KIT KAT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!