Friday, February 13, 2009

friday the 13th

Friday the 13th isn't scary or unlucky here in China, but since I'm still very much American at heart I couldn't help but feel an itty bitty flutter of nervousness when Romy scheduled our flight from Hong Kong to Shanghai for the superstitious date. As luck would have it, we were so exhausted (and totally slightly broke) from traveling, so we switched our flight to the 12th and avoided flying on the unluckiest day of the year.

I saw some incredible things during my four weeks of travel through South East Asia. It was the most different and exciting vacation I've ever taken, and while I had an awesome time with Romy and all of the friends we met up with in Cambodia and Thailand, it felt so good to get back to Shanghai, to my little corner of China.

Classes begin on Monday which means I need to start lesson planning some time before then. I'm trying to hold on to my vacation for as long as possible, so I'll probably procrastinate until Sunday night and then whip something up for each of my classes. I also need to go through my GoogleReader (I have over 600 unread entries from all the blogs I subscribe to) and get caught up with everyone out there in BlogWorld. I've missed you all and can't wait to read about what you've all been up to over the last month. Hopefully I'll be able to write a few stories about my travels over the next few days.

Physically I'm back in Shanghai, but mentally I'm still relaxing in a hammock on a beach in southern Thailand.

1 comment:

Andy said...

SO jealous of you and Thailand. SO jealous.