Saturday, June 28, 2008

the sun burn cometh

I am the only person I know who could go outside for 30 minutes wearing SPF 15 and get sunburned. Not only did I take preventative measures to spare myself from the harmful effects of too much sun, but I was also mostly in the shade. Three months from now when I've been without a glimpse of sunshine for weeks in smog-covered China, I'll be praying for blue skies and yellow sunbeams. For now, though, I'm gonna go ahead and raise a recently manicured middle finger in the sun's general direction. Tomorrow, I'll be using SPF 30.

3 comments:

Andy said...

I was going to tell you that. My dermatologist told me to wear EVERYDAY SPF 30. And that doesn't mean I could go and try to tan.

Anonymous said...

A pharmacy professor told me once that SPF 30 is the best value for skin protection. Anything more is a waste of money since it'll block less than 1% more of the UV rays. Anything less is not enough.

Bunny said...

andy - ya...i wear SPF 30 on my face every day, but 15 has always been enough for normal day stuff, guess not anymore!

rod - Gee, you know that information... really would've been more useful to me *yesterday.* (name that movie)