Friday, April 25, 2008

debbie downer


I had plans for a fabulous post today, but then my aunt called this morning telling me my Grammy was going to the hospital in an ambulance because she had been throwing up blood and was very weak.

Turns out an artery in her intestines had burst and she had to have an emergency surgery to fix it (not sure exactly what they did). I went to see her tonight and she is doing fine for, y'know, being in the Intensive Care Unit. She lost so much blood her skin is like, green. Poor Grammy. If you get a chance, say a little prayer for her. If all goes well, she will be released from ICU in 3 or so days.

Isn't it great that the three of us all wore red shirts with jeans? We totally did not plan that. If you couldn't guess which one is me, I'm the one in the sunglasses because I'm so bad ass that I wear sunglasses at night AND indoors. Get well soon, Grammy!! We love you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your grandma is tough, she will get through this easily.

I'll make sure to pray for her during all 5 of my prayers today, facing north.

Anonymous said...

I hope she's doing better!

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear about your gma. prayers for her today :)