Tuesday, March 18, 2008

when it's time to party, we have a tea party

Here's a transcript from a conversation I had with my boyfriend last night. He thought I was trying to have a heart to heart with him. Silly boys.

Me: So did you talk to your parents about your post-graduation plans while you were home over spring break?
BF: Yeah, my dad and I went for a walk and we talked about it for a few minutes. He wants me to go to business school, but I think that's mostly because he went to business school...(he attempts to continue the conversation about his future, I interrupt)
Me: Oh, I was talking about my tea party, can you come or what?



We keepz it real, by "real" we mean rich.

And of course, a tea partay wouldn't be complete without a prepsta guide outlining the steps to throwing a successful WASP get together. My favorite advice? "Invitations: They should be on thick, white cardstock, in cursive and something should probably be embossed. Embossed paper looks tight." Also, "Decor: Keep it real when it comes to decor. Nautical is always a good way to go: ships-wheel chandeliers and port and starboard lamps. Preppies like to feel like they're yachting at all times. If you have your Tea Partay on the beach, remember to have a big bonfire. You want to keep your peeps warm at night in case they don't want to untie and put on the sweaters draped across their shoulders." So true.

4 comments:

Kate said...

hahahah i love this vid.

Anonymous said...

I want to be in the p-unit.

Anonymous said...

2 words: gang, stir

Bunny said...

Kate - I know, right? I totally forgot about it until I started planning my tea party! Go to teapartay.com and check out their "green tea west coast" version, it's not as catchy of a song, but it is sooo funny.

Alycia - I want to marry someone in the p-unit.